Tsunami Help Home   Enquiry   Missing Persons   News Updates   Help Needed   Help Offered  

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Indonesia Aid Information

Aid support for quake and tsunami in ACEH and NORTH SUMATRA (INDONESIA) can be delivered via:

1) Indosiar
Bank account in BCA, under the name of:
Indosiar: 001 - 304 - 0009

2) RCTI
Bank account in BCA under the name of RCTI: 128 - 300 -7000

3) Coordinator of People Welfare Rep. of Indonesia
Bank account under the name of the Head of Welfare Bureau
Name: I Nyoman Meweh
Bank account in BNI Harmoni branch: 07 000 311 2717 911

4) Aid center in Halim Perdanakusuma and local Welfare Office

5) Telephone number for coordinator in Medan: 061 - 456 6524

Aids needed: Tents, Kitchen tools, Cemetery tools, Medicine, Baby foods, sanitary and other health goods for women, generator set, clothes, blankets, fresh water.

Source: Anonymous Poster in the Comments Section

Please use this Comments section to post your suggestions and information that you may have.
1 Comments Post a Comment
Blogger Tanya said :

I am a Canadian citizen, living in central Germany. I don't quite know where to post on this blogsite yet.

I am desperately trying to help a boy, and some other child victims of the flood in Meulaboh, long term, but no Aid agency has responded. I first learned about this particular boy and these children through a photograph taken by Dita Alangkara last week, published in Der Tagesspielgel and it has moved me to very direct action. I have found the location of this boy, through the photographer:


It was taken at a refugee camp in the town of Meulaboh in the western
coast of Aceh province. It actually a school building they turned into
temporary shelter. The place is called STM (pronounced 'as-tay-am')
It's close to a military camp called 'Kompi C', everyone in Meulaboh
knows where it is.
As far as I know, there's no one running the camp. They just occupied
the building right after the disaster. They have received food aid and
clothing regularly.
The boy lives in the left-wing of the school compound. If you had
chance
to go there, there are many more children who need help.

My question is, do any of you have any contacts with aid agencies near Kompi C? I need to find help for these children long term. They need more than food and clothing, they also need homes where they will be loved and cared for. My first priority, like yours, is to find a local home where this boy can be cared for. In order to help this boy and these children at all, even if just financially, from a distance, I need to find someone there who can take them under his/her wing. I can send a copy of the boy's photo, and all my contact information, for the person on the ground. I am very much afraid of these children ending up on the streets.

Sincerely,

Tanya Harding
www.naturallyenglish.de

10:53 AM